[Olsr-users] duplicate hna messages

John Hay (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 7 17:22:52 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 12:30:44PM +0200, Henning Rogge wrote:
> On Mon September 6 2010 11:48:19 John Hay wrote:
> > > This looks like one or a few of your OLSRs don't do the duplicate
> > > detection correctly.
> > >
> > > How large is your network ?
> >
> > About 30 nodes.
> In a network like this you  should never see OLSR TTLs of less than 255-29,
> unless you use fisheye.

What will happen if you use fisheye?

> > It does not happen the whole time. It seems like sometimes
> > it would be ok for more than a month and then something triggers it.
> Some of the older 0.5.6 OLSRs do not run well longer than 25 or 50 days
> (depending on the version) because of an integer overflow in the timers.
>
> The bug was fixed in 0.5.6-r6.

Was the bug fix so that olsr will not start a duplicate or so that it
would not propagate it? I assume only to not start it because I see the
propagation?

It is happening again. This time I see two duplicated hna messages.
Currently the only way I can get rid of these is by blocking olsr packets
from the originator address.

Would it be a mission to add code to filter duplicates? Is there a use
for duplicate messages? Up to now I have only seen hna duplicate messages.
Would there be a reason for it? I guess the place to start is hna_set.c?

Thanks

John
--
John Hay -- (spam-protected) / (spam-protected)