[Olsr-users] Streaming live audio

Charles Boyd (spam-protected)
Wed Oct 20 21:54:49 CEST 2010

Mitar,

Do you think it would work to record live audio with
Audacity<http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/> and
stream over the network with
VLC<http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch03.html>
?

Also, here are a few designs for a homebrew
microphone<http://www.wildlife-sound.org/equipment/technote/micdesigns/index.html>
.

So I think you could connect some microphone to a small computer on the
network, record live audio with audacity and then stream it over the LAN
with VLC.

I haven't used it extensively by any means, but Audacity is also useful for
analysis and noise-reduction.

Hope this helps.

- Charles