[Olsr-users] Ad-hoc bridge Delay

Aaron Rosen (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 30 03:34:21 CET 2010

Hi Mitar,

Yes I think you're right this seems to be more of an  ad-hoc and bridging
problem than OLSR. My hardware is the following:
http://www.pcengines.ch/alix3d2.htm and my wireless card is a:

Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR5212/AR5213 Multiprotocol
MAC/baseband processor (rev 01)

Currently I'm running Debian 5.0, Kernel: Linux  2.6.32-bpo.5-486  #1 i586
GNU/Linux and my olsrd version is  0.5.6~rc7-1  . (Though as you said before
this probably isn't olsr related since I don't even need to be running olsr
for this to occur, just ad-hoc mode). My CPU load during this is very low
(around .5). I've looked in /var/log/messages but nothing really looks odd
there (Should I look somewhere else as well). Also this gets printed to
stderr, "ath5k phy1: noise floor calibration timeout (2462MHz)" from time to
time.

I would like to use bridging so I don't have to run NAT. Is there another
way around this?

Thanks,

Aaron

--