[Olsr-users] Newbie Questions on OLSR Plugin Event & Scheduler

Mahtab Hossain (spam-protected)
Mon May 31 13:26:21 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I have just started working with your OLSR implementation and trying to implement a plugin where the OLSR nodes will get their location information (relative w.r.t. a map). From whatever little documentation I could gather on your implementation, I realize that I should be able to register functions with the scheduler to be executed at specified intervals.

i) First, I just want to have a simple function to be executed after 10 sec may be and write "Hello World" in a file. How to register this function with the scheduler? writetimer_entry???

ii) pcf_event of dot_draw plugin is a registered function of some "process changes(?)". Where can I learn more about this registered function? I presume it is run whenever the nodes' topology changes? Can I have more functions registered like this?

iii) Can I have my own threads inside my plugin code? I tried to create a thread in my plugin and it seg-faulted. If I want to create a thread of my own, what should I do? Or it can't be done?

It would be really helpful if someone could direct me to a tutorial which discusses elaborately about these issues. The plugin tutorial discussing the powerinfo plugin is outdated and that particular plugin isn't shipped with the latest OLSR even.

Thanks in advance
Mahtab