[Olsr-users] HNA announce for the same network

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed May 19 09:04:56 CEST 2010

On Sun May 16 2010 13:12:48 Mitar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> If two nodes are connected to the same network (like home LAN) - can
> both of them HNA announce them (so that there is additional
> redundancy)? Is this OK? Or even something normal?
OLSRd will just choose the next (in terms of routing metric) node with the
HNA. So you might get some kind of switching between the two HNAs. Thats why
we built the SmartGateway feature for the HNA 0/0 (the typical redundant HNA
in our networks).

Henning Rogge
--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE