[Olsr-users] Configuration help for Mobile Linux Computers

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 25 13:02:18 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm the author of the mDNS plugin.

With mDNS plugin your setup will not work. You need a OLSR router with
two interfaces, one speaking OLSR and another one speaking to the
laptops. If your laptop is at the same time the OLSR router, the mDNS
plugin does not have an Interface to push the mDNS traffic to.

I tried in the past to use your identical setup, using the loopback
Interface as NonOlsrInterface in the plugin configuration, but it did
not work because Avahi does not work at all with loopback interface.

I also tried a patched avahi that was supposed to enable the loopback
interface but I had no result :(

I never tried yet the p2p plugin, but being based on the mdns plugin,
I think it will not solve your problem.

Regards

Saverio