[Olsr-users] MPRs in 0.5.x branch

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 5 15:49:02 CET 2010

On Fri March 5 2010 15:31:47 Dmitry Mikhin wrote:
> On 03/05/10 16:36, Teco Boot wrote:
> > I test with dense 30 node network at the moment.
> > I didn't see this problem.
> > I did not check it in detail either.
>
> So in your network MprCoverage is set to 7. Is this right?
"MprCoverage 7" is just a legacy way to say "switch MPR selection off". It has
been used by most Freifunk networks. "MprCoverage 3" should be the same in
most networks, unless you have two routers that have at least 4 different
connections through another router between them.

> On 03/05/10 15:44, Henning Rogge wrote:
> > The bug does only appear if you have much less MPRs than your
> > 1-hop networks, so I think it will mostly happen in very dense
> > networks.
>
> I want to make basic test to see how this behavior can affect us. Qemu
> nodes with running olsr inside will be used. The question is how to
> connect them (actually in what topology) to reproduce it. Could you help?
Difficult. The easiest way would be to use "ebtables" and a bridge, but you
cannot emulate packet loss with this.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE