[Olsr-users] olsr exchanged messages logs

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 24 12:40:11 CEST 2010

On Thu June 24 2010 12:31:02 MALATTAR wrote:
> Hi every body,
> I am working at the intrusion detection systems in adhoc networks.
> Write now i am trying to create detection-signatures for the attacks at
> OLSR protocol (e.g., Fake Hello attack).
> For this purpose i need to collect logs about Hello,TC, .. and othe
> control messages of OLSR.
> I passed quickly at the code and i noticed that syslog registers only
> the errors and there is no information about the
> messages or their contents.
> Now, my question where can i find this information?
The development version in the master branch of our repository has a pretty
advanced logging system, but if you need the complete incoming messages, you
will have to add your own message callbacks into the packet scheduler, so you
get the binary messages.

The other option would be to make the IDS independent from OLSR, just use
libpcap and the packet dissector for OLSR from tcpdump.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE