[Olsr-users] Android Developer Phone: Is It Necessary?

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Jan 20 18:58:47 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch 20 Januar 2010 18:51:23 schrieb marc fawzi:
> Thank you!
>
> I apologize for not making note of the fact that the build file for android
> is part of the distribution.
>
> "make OS=android DEBUG=0 build_all" <---- TOO EASY!  Thanks guys!
Android is (thanks to Sven Ola for it !) one of the supported platforms of
Olsr.org. DEBUG=0 is not really necessary if you want to do tests.

> Re: compiler on phone
>
> FWIW, I've compiled stuff on a VAX back in 86 ... I assume the G1 has more
> juice :-)
I have compiled stuff on my Amiga years ago... but believe me, you have better
things to do with the memory on the flash card than to put a complete
buildroot on it. Especially because the Android SDK/NDK comes with nice
eclipse support.

http://dev.android.com ;)

> OK, now the challenge is to get two of the Android Developer Phone (ADP) 1.
> Hopefully, Google will allow me to order two.
>
> As a side question, does anyone recommend getting the ADP 2 (aka Google I/O
> Device) over the ADP1?
The G1 has a keyboard, which might be a good bonus to do some commandline
debugging.