[Olsr-users] How to prioritize OLSR UDP packets.

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Tue Jan 12 14:20:30 CET 2010

the provided queue does effectively priorize olsr packets,..

i checked it on freifunkfirmware,.. and this rules do work!

btw. the kernel knows how much bandwidth it actually has, as the device
buffer fills up quite easily on an wireless interface,..

regards Markus

the only case i know where priorization is useless, is if u add an device
which is only an lan-wan bridge (e.g. osbridge) an try to do the qos not on
the bridge but on ther router where you attach the bridge on an lan port,..

this will fail for sure, as the router sees full 100mbit FX bandwidth, but
the osbridge will drop packets based on its own (priorized or not) queue