[Olsr-users] Strange OLSR behaviour

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Mon Jan 11 12:39:41 CET 2010

using the same ip adress on multiple interfaces can lead to strange
problems,..
(the OLSR protocol requires meshwide unique interface adresses)
at the moment there is a warning afair on startup, an in future olsrd will
very probably refuse to start/run on an interface without an unique ip.

do you have 2 links with an identical pair of ip-adresses? (this will lead
to routing catastrophes for sure,.. expecially if the 2 links have different
lq or nlq values)

or one node having the same neighbour twice (on 2 interfaces, where the
neighbour has the same interface) ?

regards Markus