[Olsr-users] state of olsrd-layer2metric

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Feb 8 17:46:50 CET 2010

Am Montag 08 Februar 2010 16:44:53 schrieb Joerg Pommnitz:
> Hello all,
> can somebody (Henning??) shed some light on the future of the experimental
>  olsrd branch at http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd-layer2metric/summary ? Do you
>  plan further work in this direction or did the experiment fail?

Yes, I plan to continue this experiment. Unfortunately to integrate it into
the OLSR we need a change in the packet format, the current one is not really
usefull for other metrics than the current ETX one.

So I postponed the experiments, without the conversion to the OLSRv2 packet
format it will be a pain...

At the moment we are doing lot's of work for a 0.5.7 release which will
contain support for NIIT (stateless tunneling of IPv4 traffic over IPv6 mesh)
and asymmetric tunnels to the gateway.

When this is done we have to port all fixes of the 0.5.x branch to the
development branch. After this I can continue on the OLSRv2 conversion... and
this we will integrate the layer2 metrics stuff I think.

At the moment we have not enough manpower to do multiple things at once.

Henning Rogge