[Olsr-users] Propagation

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Aug 8 13:04:31 CEST 2010

Am Samstag 07 August 2010, 12:43:00 schrieb Juliusz Chroboczek:
> > the OLSR protocol does not even have a field to signal a "non-
> > routable" originator.
>
> I think what the OP is asking for is an option to avoid installing
> a host route when it is subsumed by an HNA advertised by the same host.
> While this doesn't require any protocol changes, it's tricky to do
> right, since you must make sure that the HNA isn't itself overridden by
> a different HNA with a longer prefix.
Typically such a decission should be made by the host, not by the local node.
OLSRv2 solves this in the current draft by allowing linklocal-IPs as
originators to tell all nodes "this is just an id-string, not a routable
address".

On the other side it might be possible to "compress" the routing table, but
that makes deleting routes more difficult.

I could imagine it should be possible (for IPv6) to add a configuration option
that OLSRd always set up a /64 route towards the originator, but that's more a
hack than a sollution.

Henning Rogge

--
1) You can't win.