[Olsr-users] Simulating OLSR.

Diego (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 28 16:03:09 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,

I briefly introduce myself: my name is Diego and I am a student of
University of Padua. For my master thesis, among other things, I'm
trying to inspect power consumption of some parts of OLSR on MPSoCs.
One of the first step involved in the process is simulating a network
without real hardware in hand.
I've read about NS2:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ns-users@isi.edu/msg12926.html
and a project by Roman Steiner:
http://lists.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-dev/2008-May/001979.html
I've briefly searched for updates from Roman, but I didn't found
anything but this:
http://osdir.com/ml/network.olsr.devel/2008-05/msg00054.html

As the simulation is not relevant to the subject of the thesis and is
just functional to the following steps I would kindly ask you if you can
give me some hints (or references) on how to easily (as far as possible,
obviously) simulate olsrd.

Thank you so much,
Diego