[Olsr-users] QoS over OLSR

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 16 16:01:49 CEST 2009

Owain,

On Sep 16, 2009, at 3:36 PM, Owain Davies wrote:

> QoS - Prioritisation of a subset of users' traffic.
the way we solved that in practice is with "tc" (traffic control)

But remember - with wifi you only have a certain amount of "bandwidth
in the air", after that it degrades rapidly .
Like the good old ethernet (shared medium bus , AUI, who remembers
those times?  ;-) )

> Security - External mainly. Will only start to consider Internal if
> everything else goes really well.
> Multicast - Spares would be best. The demo will probably only be
> 10-20 devices, but the a full implementation could have hundreds,
> with tens of groups and people in a groups will usually also be
> physically in a group.

---
there's no place like 127.0.0.1, except maybe ::1 (someday)

(üäö)