[Olsr-users] QoS over OLSR

Owain Davies (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 16 15:36:08 CEST 2009

QoS - Prioritisation of a subset of users' traffic.
Security - External mainly. Will only start to consider Internal if everything else goes really well.
Multicast - Spares would be best. The demo will probably only be 10-20 devices, but the a full implementation could have hundreds, with tens of groups and people in a groups will usually also be physically in a group.

This is still at the "here's a good idea stage".

Thanks for your help,

Owain

-----Original Message-----
From: Henning Rogge [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: 16 September 2009 14:28
To: (spam-protected)
Cc: Owain Davies
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] QoS over OLSR

Am Wed September 16 2009 15:16:02 schrieb Owain Davies:
> Is there a QoS module for OLSRd?
>
> I am looking to implement a OLSR network with:
> 	-	Multicast
Just forgot about the third one, the mDNS Plugin in the development tree. It's a lightweight BMF implementation that forwards Zeroconf Messages through the network. ;)

> I may be looking to implement QoS using a OLSRd module and I am trying
> to find out if anybody has done this before or could provide a
> starting point. (To the developers) does that sound feasible?
>
> I have seen other OLSR implementation have tried QoS. I also accept
> that QoS, Multicast and Security in the same setting is a big ask.
If you would like to work on the problem we would be happy to support you (if the source finds it's way back into the main repository ;) ).

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE Kommunikationssysteme (KOM) Neuenahrer Straße 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Telefon +49 228 9435-263,   Fax +49 228 9435 685
mailto:(spam-protected) http://www.fkie.fraunhofer.de
GPG: E1C6 0914 490B 3909 D944 F80D 4487 C67C 55EC CFE0

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.  The contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies within the Detica Limited group of companies.

Detica Limited is registered in England under No: 1337451.

Registered offices: Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YP, England.