[Olsr-users] Client management in olsrd

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Thu Oct 15 15:55:07 CEST 2009

Dear all
I have just started to use olsrd application. Since last two months, I
have tried to implemented a plugin related to client management in
mesh network by using HNA message.In my platform, I have separated
network in two domains. First is mesh backbone where AP connected each
other and running olsrd application. Another domain is client network
where laptops can access to the network by associating with one of
APs. In my objective, I want APs can update the current location of
client by using HNA message. For example, when  client_1 join to AP_A,
AP_A will put the address of client_1 to HNA message and broadcast to
all APs.

                      ******
                      *AP_B*
                      ******

         ******                 ******
         *AP_A*                 *AP_C*
         ******                 ******
       +
     +
/client_1/

Currently I use netlink socket to detect when clients are associated
to AP.Of course, I can put the client information to HNA msg and
update in routing table of neighbor APs. However, now I am facing some
problems about updating the routing table. For example when client_1
moved to associate with AP_C. AP_B and C still keep old information
between client_1 and AP_a. Therefore, I would like to request some
information, how can I update the routing table of neighbor AP or
delete the routing entry of previous connection. Thank you very much
for your consideration.

Best regards
Lertsin,AD