[Olsr-users] Newbie question about olsrd

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 26 09:09:55 CET 2009

On Thu November 26 2009 08:35:52 hlz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a student of USTC in China. Now I'm using olsrd-0.5.6-r3 on WinXP for
> some research, while I met a few problems here.I do hope you can help me.
>
> I want to make a implemention of a connection between a wireless network
>  and a wired-network, for example, using one node in the wireless network
>  as a gateway to make nodes in different networks connected.My questions
>  are
>
>         1) Has it already implemented in olsrd-0.5.6-r3? where is it in the
> source code?
>         2) If not, which part of the source code can we use to implement a
> connection?
OLSR has the feature to announce addresses "outside" the mesh could by setting
a HNA on a node. This means the node announce that is has connection to
another IP address or subnet. Of course there must be some kind of static
route to this subnet.

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE