[Olsr-users] olsrd bandwidth vs static routes

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 25 12:46:05 CET 2009

On Wed November 25 2009 12:37:03 Joseph Chop wrote:
> I'm currently investigating the bandwidth olsr achieves.  Oddly, its better
> than static routes.  Any reason why?
>
> I'm running olsrd on two N800s (running Maemo Linux), with default
> settings.  I've measured with a couple of tools (iperf, ttcp, nuttcp).  So
> with static routes, ie issuing commands like ip route add 192.168.0.1 dev
> wlan0, I get a transfer rate of about 3 Mbps. However when I run the test
> with olsrd running I get almost 4 Mbps.  For some reason running the daemon
> speeds up transfer, even though its not really choosing a better route
> (theres only one).
Bad luck for the static routes... Olsrd has no influence on the links itself,
just on th choice of link. How many experiments did you do to verify this
data?

Henning Rogge

--
Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge , Fraunhofer-Institut für
Kommunikation, Informationsverarbeitung und Ergonomie FKIE