[Olsr-users] setting up olsrd

josef amarra (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 18 15:28:16 CET 2009

okay now i have 2 scenarios. I first tried it with ubuntu. I ran the olsrd with default settings since I dont know how to set it up properly. I ran the olsrd from the terminal. What I want to do is for my laptop to setup the ad hoc network then find other nodes the also broadcasts their own adhoc network or nearby nodes. I ran the olsrd and it could only find the node if i have an internet connection. When i dont have an internet connection, those nodes can't be found. I assumed that the adhoc network is setup once I ran the olsrd. Am I too uneducated about the functions of olsrd? Right now, I am very clueless about even how to use olsrd :(

The next one is in windows mode. I downloaded the package from the site. I ran the olsrd-switch but after reading the documentation, I think that olsrd-switch is for simulation only? how do I run olsrd for windows? What OS do you think will suit me?