[Olsr-users] [Babel-users] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Nov 9 16:22:21 CET 2009

Am Montag 09 November 2009 14:00:24 schrieb Chun-Ping Wang:
> Hi all,
>
> Many thanks for all your feedbacks.  It will definately help us to improve
>  our work. However, I think there is quite a bit of confusions at very
>  beginning.  So I would like to make some clarifications for this paper.
>
> As it has been mentioned earlier, this paper was to study all the protocols
>  in their default setting.  In term of "default setting" for OLSR, we used
>  original config file shipped in olsr v0.5.5.  As far as I know, this
>  config file is based on the LQ mode of OLSR  (i.e. olsrd.conf.default.lq
>  ).  So, correct me if I am wrong, we have been using OLSR with ETX to
>  begin with. We only modified the HELLO and TC interval to improve static
>  node performance. The results shown in our paper is actually the
>  performance of OLSR with ETX.
Hmm... olsrd.conf.default.lq should be with ETX...

> You may also aware the protocols that we used are already out-dated.  This
>  is because this work was done back in 2008.  We are more than happy to
>  undergo another study with more recent protocols.
The implementation was outdated, not the protocol... but the protocol does
only mention hopcount, so most people just use "RFC compatible" OLSR.

I would be interested what config file you used for the test. If you plan to
redo the test we (the olsr.org team) would be very interested in getting
feedback what kind of problems you have so that we can improve our software.

Henning Rogge