[Olsr-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] A peer-reviewed assessment of OLSR, BATMAN and Babel

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Sun Nov 8 11:12:21 CET 2009

Am Sonntag 08 November 2009 10:47:47 schrieb L. Aaron Kaplan:
> > Maybe we should change our defaults to be the optimum then? Or make
> > it very obvious which config file to use and which not to use.
> > Maybe olsrd.conf.default.rfc should be removed or renamed to
> > something that make it obvious that it should not be used, for
> > instance olsrd.conf.default.rfc-unused, olsrd.conf.default.rfc-old,
> > olsrd.conf.default.rfc-dead.
> Agreed!

The "optimum" is depending on the kind of mesh you are running. Especially
moving meshs need other parameters than stationary meshs.

But it might be a good idea to revise the defaults and README files of olsrd
in the development branch...