[Olsr-users] dampening of OLSR

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 26 09:25:52 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag 26 Mai 2009 09:12:58 schrieb Theo Gjaltema:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently investigating OLSR with metrics based on link-costs and
> see that the  costs of the  routes are varing very fast.
What metric are you using ? etx_ff should be a little bit more tame than
etx_fpm/etx_float.

> For this reason I am looking for an uniform mechanism of adding
> hysteresis/dampening to OLSR.
> In the olsr there is allready a form of hysteresis build-in (checks for
> a delta of 10%) but this is not flexible enough.

> My idea is to add a plugin for this removing the fixed hysteresis and
> adding dampening.
You don't need to remove anything, because the "dijkstra hysteresis" is
controlled by the routing metric plugin too (there should be a callback called
"is....relevant(linkcost1, linkcost2)" ).

Markus Kittenberg played with the idea of a "long time" metric for some time,
but we never got enough time to create a good plugin. We would be very happy
to see a suggestion for an improved etx_ff. :)