[Olsr-users] Current OLSR protocol

L. Aaron Kaplan (spam-protected)
Fri May 22 18:56:45 CEST 2009

On May 22, 2009, at 6:46 PM, (spam-protected) wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 05:51:00PM +0200, L. Aaron Kaplan wrote:
>> The result of the FUD can be
>> clearly seen by the uncertainty and doubt that people have been
>> having
>> repeatedly on this mailing list.
>
> I suppose that is true.
>
> As a novice reader of olsr and batman lists, I wish there would be
> more collaboration, investigation, simulation despite it's weakness,
> theoretical mathematical analysis, and less polarisation of
> personalities
> or projects.
>
> A lot of lurkers find avenues to get involved in the former,
> and are put off by the latter.

I could not agree more to this!

On the other hand I do not want to leave the FUD uncommented since I
do feel responsible for reviving the olsr.org (nicknamed "OLSR-NG")
effort.

So, let me try to be constructive again....

Would a FAQ entry on olsr.org be enough to point people to and answer
(must be objective and FUD-free of course!) about the currently
analyzed strengths and weaknesses of different approaches?
Then we could point to the FAQ entry and we could stop this discussion.

> Congratulations to both projects on awesome Free Software delivery
> and research.

yes!