[Olsr-users] olsrd and ns2

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue May 5 07:29:38 CEST 2009

Am Monday 04 May 2009 22:55:52 schrieb Ignacio Alvarez e Iñaki Fuentes
telematica:
> hi! I am sorry henning because we are new in this kind of forums, and we
> are students who are learning yet ;)
No problem, that's exactly how I started on this list two years ago... ;)

>  I have upgraded to olsrd 0.5.6-r4, but it does not work too. We are
> running this daemon in VM Debian 4.0. About the txtinfo we dont know how to
> config and install it.
make build_all install_all

then look at the README file in lib/txtinfo in the olsrd trunk.

>  On the other hand, we dont understand this thing what you have said:
>
> "If you use the NS-2 emulation mode just as a layer 1/2 emulation, OLSR
> should not care."
>
> We are running ns-2 emulation feature but we are not sure if it also can
> support olsrd running at the same time.
I used NS-2 in emulation mode during my diploma thesis (and it was a pain in
the a** ;) )... I remember there were two ways to connect a VM to NS2, as an
ethernet interface or as an IP interface. But I think you already use the
ethernet variant, so routing will be done inside the VMs.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Maurus Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Joachim Ender (Stellv.)