[Olsr-users] Routing table not getting

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jun 25 08:20:15 CEST 2009

Am Thu June 25 2009 06:12:59 schrieb Monali Bhattacharya:
> I've installed the olsrd0.5.6-r4 in Slackware12.1. After giving the command
> olsrd -d 1 i'm getting info abt the properties i've configured in the
> olsrd.conf but not getting the routing table or the neighbour list.Please
> help.
Maybe your OLSR was compiled with "DEBUG=0" and "NO_DEBUG_MESSAGES=1". In this
case there are no debug messages in the code which can output data for the
parameter "-d 1".

The other option would be that your OLSR is not receiving any other OLSR
messages. The "-d 1" output for links/neighbors/topology/routing starts when
the first OLSR package is received. Before this event there is nothing useful
to display. You can use wireshark or tcpdump the make sure that your OLSR
instance is receiving packages.

Henning Rogge

Diplom-Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. M. Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr. J. Ender (Stellv.)