[Olsr-users] Current OLSR protocol

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 2 19:09:43 CEST 2009

>> I've asked this question before, but I still haven't received an answer.
>> What new mechanisms exist in OLSRv2 to solve the problem of desyn-
>> chronisation of link-state databases in the presence of packet loss?

> There is a protocol called babel for that and it has it's own mailinglist
> and Juliusz is the author ;-)

Aaron, your sarcasm brings nothing to the discussion at hand.

When we last met in Paris, I was under the impression that you agreed
with me about the limitations of naïve link-state; you told me about
some very interesting research into more advanced forms of link-state
that you are doing.

Unlike your work, which brings new ideas to the table, OLSRv2 brings
nothing; it is just the reformulation of old OLSR into an overly-complex
packet format.

                                        Juliusz