[Olsr-users] BMF Plugin

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 29 13:57:00 CET 2009

Am Thursday 29 January 2009 13:44:58 schrieb Bhat, Ishwara:
> I started fresh with r2. Now everything seems to be loading well.
>
> Issue#1: It is not doing broadcasts.
What is not doing broadcasts ? OLSR ? BMF ?

> Issue#2: One thing I noticed is -
> When I built the latest kernel and booted using it, the 'tun' module did
> not get loaded and modprobe tun failed.
If you cannot load the 'tun' module you have a problem outside of OLSR. You
cannot use the BMF plugin before you solve the problem.

> Even then bmf did not show any error. I thought Bmf would do the checkinf
> for tun availability before loading.
>
> Issue#3: When I added parameter ( PlParam "BmfInterface" "wlan0" ) to the
> plugin, it gave the 'tun error : invalid argument' appeared.
BmfInterface is the name of the tun/tap device the BMF tries to open... so
don't use the name of an existing interface.

Try to start with BMF without any parameters (after you solved the tun module
problem).

Henning Rogge

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)