[Olsr-users] OLSR Gateway & HNA Question

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Sat Jan 17 09:38:58 CET 2009

Thanks a lot Alex & Henning.

I will check how to retransmit packets through the same wlan interface.

Thanks
Ishwar

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexander Morlang [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 8:40 PM
To: Bhat, Ishwara
Cc: (spam-protected)
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] OLSR Gateway & HNA Question

Bhat, Ishwara schrieb:

> 1. Just to clarify the obvious:
>
> With Hna4 { 192.168.1.0  255.255.255.240 }
>
> The node is going to retransmit any traffic if the destination IP is
> within  ( 192.168.1.241 to 192.168.1.255 ) on the same NIC, right?
>
> Please confirm.

it just tells all other node about you having that range. nothing more,
the local setup is up to your operating system.

so if you want to retransmitt traffic for that prefix, you need to
configure an interface on you node with that prefix.

if you want to retransmit it on you wireless mesh interface, the
mentioned interface would be an alias interface on you mesh interface.

this config is NOT done by olsrd, it has to be done by some other
entity, probably a script.

> 2. I tried using Dynamic gateway: (dyn_gw version:
> olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.4) However this plugin seems to have problem.
>
> When I start olsrd with this plugin, it returns the error -
> "HNA"/"10.1.18.0 255.255.255.0" ... netmask_to_prefix: Got bogus
> netmask 10.1.18.0 Segmentation fault.
>
> ( My network of static IPs is of 10.1.18. series. I did not make any
> setting outside olsr.conf about this)

reading the documentation would help.

> Please help.
>
> Thanks Ishwar