[Olsr-users] BMF Plugin

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 24 10:07:51 CET 2009

Hi,

I am re-opening an old chain on broadcasts on OLSR mesh.

I tried bmf plugin and unfortunately I do not have good results yet.

Here is what I did:
Node-1: 10.1.18.180
Node-2: 10.1.18.185

Both have bmf plugins and am able to see bmf0-00 upon ifconfig.

For ping 224.0.0.1, the tcpdump -I bmf0 on same node logs the ICMP requests going out.
But on the receiver tcpdump -I bmf0 I get nothing.

Also I had set DoLocalBoradcasts to yes. But when I pinged 10.1.18.255 with -b option, even in the sender's bmf0, I do not see anything.

Please tell what could be wrong.

Thanks,
Ishwar

-----Original Message-----
From: (spam-protected) [mailto:(spam-protected)] On Behalf Of Henning Rogge
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 7:52 PM
To: Bhat, Ishwara
Cc: (spam-protected)
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] BMF Plugin

Am Thursday 29 January 2009 14:33:34 schrieb Bhat, Ishwara:
> Thanks.I will try tcpdump and check the behavior.
> However when I did ping to my broadcast address, is it not supposed to
> broadcast this ping ? Even for local broadcast ping it did not return
> anything.
Sending a ping through the BMF plugin is not the same as sending a broadcast
ping. Look into the BMF sourcecode for more information.

If you see the ICMP-requests on the receiver side (coming out of the tap
device the BMF creates there) everything is fine.

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)