[Olsr-users] Multihoming the mesh [was: PKI architecture...]

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Wed Feb 4 00:49:23 CET 2009

>> > Assume a network using public IPs: I don't think that a random ISP
>> > customer (as seen from the ISP) has success in getting the ISP to speak
>> > BGPv4 with him.

> The problem is: Even if I want to make a gateway for FunkFeuer at my
> home, I plain simply can't.

Yes.  What you're saying is that there isn't a way to multihome an IP
network unless you have an upstream that (1) allows you to advertise random
BGP routes and (2) doesn't do uRPF.

This issue is not specific to mesh networks -- in my opinion, it's the one
most unsatisfying thing about IP.

                                        Juliusz