[Olsr-users] How can I change the channel in the router using commandline

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 16 08:29:02 CET 2009

Am Mittwoch 16 Dezember 2009 05:54:28 schrieb VbaT S.:
> I used this command  "iwconfig wl0 channel 4"
> and the result was
>
> Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
>     SET failed on device wl0 ; Invalid argument.
>
> ps i use OpenWRT "kamikaze" firmware.
It might be better if you send this mail to one of the openwrt mailing
lists...

A possible problem could be that the wl0 interface was still up and the driver
does not support changing the channel unless it's down.

Henning Rogge