[Olsr-users] memory leakage in 0.5.6-r7 (vs 0.5.6-r5) on OpenWrt

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Sun Dec 13 12:41:43 CET 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Russell Senior
<(spam-protected)>wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I want to report a rather rapid growth in Resident Set Size (RSS) in
> the olsrd process running on a Netgear WGT634U with recent (r18763)
> OpenWrt.  We have a network of about 30-50 hosts connected together
> primarily by OpenVPN tunnels, using OLSRd to route between them and
> their local networks.
>
> In July we deployed a bunch of these WGT634Us with 0.5.6-r5 and even
> after 20 days of uptime and 820 minutes of run time, the RSS of the
> olsrd process is only 516kiB.
>
> While reving up OpenWrt to solve another problem, we now are using
> version 0.5.6-r7, which we find begins with about 800kiB and grows
> approximately 700kiB per day.  VSZ grows about the same amount.
>
> Has anybody seen this, know what might be happening, and/or have a
> fix?

i just checked, and found an r7 that growed to 28MB within 14 days,..

while an r6 on a similar system had only 2.3MB (our mesh has 350+ routers)

so we have hwere 1.7MB/day and i don`t dare to find out what the uptime of
our 16MB routers with r7 now is,.. )-;

regards Markus