[Olsr-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] point me to some OSI layer diagramsif possible ?

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Thu Dec 10 05:55:29 CET 2009

You are right.
Sorry about the confusion. It is more of wireless stack layering issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marek Lindner [mailto:(spam-protected)]
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:03 AM
To: Bhat, Ishwara
Cc: (spam-protected); olsr list users mailing
Subject: Re: [Olsr-users] [B.A.T.M.A.N.] point me to some OSI layer
diagramsif possible ?

On Thursday 10 December 2009 12:28:37 you wrote:
> I thought 802.11s need not be strictly layer 2. Open source 11s driver
> is on top of MAC drivers that comply with mac80211 framework.
>
> http://open80211s.com/trac
>
> So it can be either layer 2 or 2.5.

I'm no expert on this driver because I never really used it (just had a
quick
look through the code) but why do you think it is layer 2.5 ?

The page you provided clearly says:
open80211s is based on the mac80211 wireless stack and should run on any
of
the wireless cards that mac80211 supports.

Seems it does not run over ethernet/VPNs/other_layer2 ...

Maybe you confused it with the layers inside of the linux wifi stack ?

Regards,
Marek