[Olsr-users] Internet connectivity with OLSR

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Tue Dec 8 12:46:17 CET 2009

furthermore send or verify yourself your firewall rules especially at pc-b

maybe u have rules that drop forwarded traffic (unlikely)

and probably u would need nat rules, to make the internet working (very
likely!!)

i expect that traffic from router b successfully reaches the internet (you
may tcpdump ), but never gets back to you, as the "internet" does not know
where router b is,.. (-> u probably need nat to resolve this)

maybe u should try to setup up static routing first (including firewall/nat
configuration), an if u are able to access the internet than, remove the
static routes

btw which OS are u running on pc-b?

regards Markus

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Henning Rogge <
(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Tue December 8 2009 08:16:41 (spam-protected) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the following setup.
> >
> > PC-A<--------------->eth0-PC-B-eth1<-----------------> Internet
> >
> > I am running olsrd olsrd-0.5.6-r5 on PC-A and PC-B for both interfaces.
> > At PC-B I changed the olsrd.conf and added the Hna4 { 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 }.
> > other than this i have not done anything on both system.
> >
> > I am able to access the internet at PC-B as the internet connectivity
> > wire is connected to eth-1 of PC-B.
> >
> > But I am not able to access the internet at PC-A.
> >
> > Can anybody tell me the procedure to access the internet at PC-A?  what
> > are the steps I need to perform to work this scenerio?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Regards
> > Vijai
> Please send your olsrd.conf (without comment lines) and the routing tables
> ("route -n") to this list so that we can check them.

did u set upo