[Olsr-users] 3 node setup with media player demo

Michael Rack (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 19 09:51:56 CEST 2009

OLSR is a transparent Routing-Protocoll, so you dont have to make you
worry about the routing. You can reach each PC by the ip-address. So run
a Network-Block-Device on PC3 and mount it on PC1 (Use NFS, Samba, NBD
or what ever).

Install OLSR on all your network connected machines. Bring all machines
to the same subnet eg. 172.16.10.0/24. Configure olsrd.conf to use all
your installed NICs.

If you like to try to stream a video, then adjust your TTL-Settings for
HelloInterval and HelloValidityTime. To make your Network resist to an
networkfailure you have to set the following values:

     Interface "eth0" "eth1"
     {
         HelloInterval      0.1
         HelloValidityTime  0.3
     }

This gives you an fallback-route in 0.3 sec.

Dont forget: In your setup PC1<---->PC2<---->PC3 you dont have any
fallback-route!

Michael.