[Olsr-users] olsrd-gui Error

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Tue Aug 18 08:34:57 CEST 2009

Am Tue August 18 2009 07:15:16 schrieb (spam-protected):
> Hi,
> We are using olsrd-0.5.6-r5 release on Fedora core 5.0 Linux.
>
> While running the ./olsrd-gui 192.168.1.0 (192.168.1.0 is the IP address
> at which the olsrd-gui is running)
192.168.1.0 ? I hope your subnetmask is not 255.255.255.0

> I am getting the  error
> Error connecting 101... Host unreachable
> Attempting connect....connection refused.
>
> Then GUI window occurs. If we click on connect host then the following
> message.error displayed on console.
> Error connecting 97: Addres family not supported by protocol
>
> What could be the problem here.
I don't think the GTK gui has EVER worked with a OLSR version that supports
ETX. The last time it has been updated was ~4 years ago. That's the reason it
was erased from the development tree and will (hopefully) be replaced by a
HTTP-based sollution in the next stable branch (not 0.5.6).

Just create an olsrd.conf file by hand and start olsrd from the command line.
If you need help there are LOTs of people on this list who can help you. You
will find some example configurations in the folder "files".

Henning Rogge

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Dornhaus (Vors.), Prof. Dr. Joachim Ender
(Stellv.)