[Olsr-users] New version of Olsrd 0.5.6 is coming soon

Fred Moyer (spam-protected)
Sun Aug 16 22:11:32 CEST 2009

On 8/16/09 9:49 AM, Henning Rogge wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after two month without a mayor problem in the core of olsrd, we will a new
> release of the stable 0.5.6 version soon.
>
> Most of the mayor fixes are for http/txtinfo and dotdraw plugin, which were
> able to freeze olsrd sometimes. There are some fixes in the core of olsrd,
> mostly a bugfix for the linux specific routing stuff and some smaller fixes to
> keep the GCC more quiet. A fix to run Olsrd on NetBSD is also included in the
> current stable version.
>
> I have stopped the project to backport the "tc/hna/mid generation timer" fix
> to 0.5.6, it just doesn't work right without lot's of changes in the package
> generation code. I will continue to look at the problem, but it's not really
> necessary to fix it in the stable branch now.
>
> I would really like to hear some test results of the new code, I don't think
> there will be much trouble with it. So dust of your "test routers" and let's
> hope nobody find mayor problems with the current tip of the olsrd stable
> repository:
>
> http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd-0.5.6/summary

Great, I'm taking this for a test today.

Are there any other changes scheduled for this release besides any bugs
that are found with this current tip?

I looked at the changes summary, can you give me a pointer to the linux
specific fixes?

Thanks so much for getting this release ready!