[Olsr-users] Plugin for reporting node add/delete

Bhat, Ishwara (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 15 10:37:32 CEST 2009

Thanks.

1.  My mesh is going to have max 20 nodes. But the Hello interval could
be around 1.0 second.
Do you think this is a problem?

2.
I did not fully understand - " feel free to call your plugin in
olsr_delete_tc_entry() if it registers a function."

Do I need to modify the olsr code base to insert my plugin function? I
hope not.. This will make it difficult to maintain?

In dot draw plugin, I found usage of register_pcf ( which is implemented
in olsr.c).
This dot draw plugin registers call back function. From the
implementation of this call back, it sounded like it gets called
whenever there is change in TC or LINK or HNA changes.

When I dug deeper, I found that olsr_process_changes() is actually
calling the list of registered callbacks. Please confirm!

But strangely it is forcing all the 3 flags (topology change, neighbors
change and HNA changes) to be true before calling the callbacks.

So my callback would parse through all the 3 lists, though it may not be
necessary?

This question apart, I just need to implement a call back and pass it to
register_pcf()?

Please tell if I am on right track!

Thanks,
Ishwar