[Olsr-users] olsrd overhead

Juliusz Chroboczek (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 9 00:25:10 CEST 2009

>> Now, I'd expect one summary entry to take 6 bytes, which means that for
>> a 100 node network, you'd be spending 600 bytes/s of traffic for
>> distributing summaries.  Which is definitely reasonable.

> 8 bytes, because we include a message type (to be able to use the same stuff
> for other message types later).

Why not have a single message type followed by a sequence of 6-byte
entries ?  You could be even more efficient -- sort the router-ids
lexicographically, and only store the deltas between successive ids, as
I do in Babel.  (Think IPv6.)

> Will need additional work to run smooth

No doubt about it.  It's a new protocol.

Please keep me informed.

                                        Juliusz