[Olsr-users] Testing OLSR

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 8 08:08:03 CEST 2009

Am Wednesday 08 April 2009 06:23:22 schrieb Bhat, Ishwara:
> Hi,
>
> Just curious to know the approach towards testing the new OLSR releases.
>
> How is the test bed setup? How many nodes? How many hops? Is it over LAN
> or WAN or mixed?
>
> With so many plugins and so many features, I guess it might be taking
> quite an effort to setup and do all the testing..
The first step is just a compile test... then we do some VM tests in small
scenarios (maybe 4-8 nodes) to see if something is horrible wrong. In addition
to this Markus Kittenberg has modified OLSR so that we can run multiple OLSR
networks on the same hardware, so we have a small test network of ~30 nodes in
Vienna (I don't know the exact number) to test new versions on a real network.

And of course we have brave users who try to run the development software and
come back with suggestens and problems to fix. ;)

Diplom Informatiker Henning Rogge
Forschungsgesellschaft für
Angewandte Naturwissenschaften e. V. (FGAN)
Neuenahrer Str. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany
Tel.: 0049 (0)228 9435-961
Fax: 0049 (0)228 9435-685
E-Mail: (spam-protected)
Web: www.fgan.de
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn VR 2530
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Maurus Tacke (komm. Vors.), Prof. Dr.-Ing.
Joachim Ender (Stellv.)