[Olsr-users] olsrd overhead

Markus Kittenberger (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 7 18:55:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:39 PM, L. Aaron Kaplan <(spam-protected)> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2009, at 5:23 PM, Markus Kittenberger wrote:
>
>  btw. in vienn alone, (without interconencting tunnels)  we have up to
>> 45kbit outgoing olsr traffic on the largest nodes (per interface),..
>> a typical node will send out 30kbit per interface (if it`s an mpr)
>>
> kBIT or bKyte?

who knows *g
(so maybe i mixed up kbit and kbyte in some mail, or spoke of mine, but
usually i do not use kbyte/sec when talking about bandwidths)

>I remember you talking about average 30kByte...
*g*g*g you just need 7 neigbours doing also 30kbit to get 30kByte/sex of
rx+tx traffic on a single interface,.. *g *g *g

what i definetly remember is talking about nearly 1mbit of forwarded olsr
traffic on a bridge having (at this time) more than 20 olsr routers in its
broadcast domain,.
whatever,
30kbit is much, but if it would be 8 times more, we would really practically
suffer badly from it, or it would stop us from building such stupid bridges
*g
Markus