[Olsr-users] Proposal: Use just one socket to send and receive messages on all interfaces

Joerg Pommnitz (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 11 23:54:11 CEST 2008

Hello Juliusz,
parallel evolution is a funny thing. Now we are both in the
MANET area :-) (List: Juliusz and me were in contact ~10 years ago
when he worked on a TrueType font server for X11 and I wrote a tool
to create font.scale files from TT font files).
I made exactly this point about link local addresses some time ago.
IANA has now assigned a link local multicast address for MANET routers
which olsrd should use. Unfortunately olsrd seems to mix the main address
and the source address of the OLSR messages and gets seriously confused
if one does this.

--
Regards
       Joerg