[Olsr-users] 0.5.6 Routes disappear after 4 mins of uptime, then all OK - suspect clock sync

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 4 16:31:13 CEST 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 04:09:40PM +0200, Henning Rogge wrote:
| Am Donnerstag 04 September 2008 10:54:23 schrieb Hannes Gredler:
| > millisecond resolution of a 2^31 wide timer gets you down to an overflow
| > every 24.85 days.
| Okay... I forgot to divide by 24 (after dividing by 3600)... ;)

| > |
| > | With normalization that should be no problem.
| >
| > what we could do is normalizing to each scheduler interval of 50ms.
| >
| > 2^31/20 = which would give us an overflow each 3.4 years.
|
| I don't like this idea... a smooth value would be better.
|
| Do we really need timers with more than 24 days ??

don't know - perhaps now now - at least we should fix the overflow
detection. (your previous patch) when comparing timestamps to now.

/hannes