[Olsr-users] Traffic Shaping, was Re: 0.5.6 Routes disappear...

Bob Keyes (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 3 21:49:25 CEST 2008

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Eric Malkowski wrote:

> One other quick question totally off topic -- I may want to limit
> bandwidth for some of my AP subnets in my setup and even though I've
> been doing a lot w/ linux / networking etc. over the years I've never
> had to limit bandwidth.  Can you guys recommend your favorite mechanism
> the kernel has for doing this (and userspace tools to configure it).

Look at wondershaper. Traffic shaping / QoS implementations can run from
simple to very complex. It's also an area where there are many solutions,
each with its camp of adherents.

The mesh I am building will have video users on it, who need
low-latency (not all video users do), so I am going to have to have some
way of handling their needs. I'll be working on this once I have a
reliable test network.

-Bob