[Olsr-users] 0.5.6 Routes disappear after 4 mins of uptime, then all OK - suspect clock sync

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Wed Sep 3 10:59:45 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 12:31:29AM -0400, Eric Malkowski wrote:
| Hannes-
|
| I've tested the patch http://gredler.at/hg/olsrd/rev/ace7c0970eca w/ my
| two node setup and everything appears to be fine.
| The only difference I've perceived is that it seems the links want to
| stay at perfect 1.0 quality / 1.0 ETX more often than they did in the
| past.  I don't know if this has anything to do w/ the timer update below
| (perhaps a timer lapsing by 2.54 seconds led to some "loss" before the
| above patch was in -- you would know better).

your understanding is perfectly correct. what the timer bug addresses is
a lapse by 256 clockticks of a timer.
given that the victim of the lapse is the hello-generation timer, then a loss
of hellos (if you have small hello timers) is detected by neighboring nodes.

/hannes