[Olsr-users] 0.5.6 Routes disappear after 4 mins of uptime, then all OK - suspect clock sync

Kaplan L. Aaron (spam-protected)
Tue Sep 2 19:21:13 CEST 2008

On Sep 2, 2008, at 7:10 PM, Henning Rogge wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 17:00, Bernd Petrovitsch <(spam-protected)>
> wrote:
>> ACK.
>> Unless the uses of tms_buf or olsr_scheduler_sleep() are somewhat
>> strange .....
>
> Isn't there a better timesource for linux that does not need this
> workaround ?
> Maybe we could put a "olsr_time()" function into the machine specific
> parts that results a sane and exact clock ?

yup, that could go into the os/ specific directories.
I am not that much of a portability guru as Bernd but I guess on the
one hand we should be able to have posix timers and on the other hand
we could use the much more advanced linux timers.
And there is a multitude to chose from ;-)

On the other hand - seeing only one "bug" so far in the completely
rewritten timer code  is really a measure of quality :))

a.