[Olsr-users] preventing TC mess from packet loss ???

Henning Rogge (spam-protected)
Mon Sep 1 12:40:50 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 11:37, Nguyen Lan <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> Retransmissions and redundant paths. TCs are flooded through the
>> network, so if you have multiple connections to the net you have more
>> than one chance to hear a TC.
>
> But TCs are only forwarded by MPR nodes, so I guess it's not always true.
Depends on the configuration of olsrd... but if MPRs are activated you
might be right.

Of course every MPR transmission is a broadcast, so you still have
multiple chances to receive a package in a dense network

>>  In addition to this TCs are
>> restransmitted periodicly.
>>

> Yes, I mean routing table is inconsistent at some moments
Difficult to say. Most times they will be slightly wrong. But the
routing tables are only used to determine the next hop, so errors far
away from the target should not be critical (that's the idea behind
fisheye routing).

"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn alle sagten, wo kämem wir hin, und niemand
ginge, um einmal zu schauen, wohin man käme, wenn man ginge." (Kurt
Marti)