[Olsr-users] olsrd settling time

Hannes Gredler (spam-protected)
Sun Oct 26 18:24:42 CET 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 04:20:49PM -0400, Nikolaus Correll wrote:
| I have four routers olsrd 0.56-r2 arranged in a square with a distance
| of one meter. I use static IPs in the 5.x.x.x subnet. After starting
| the daemon, it takes a couple of minutes until I see the first
| neighbor in the routing table. It takes hours, however, until all
| three neighbors show up on one node. This is strange as pinging all of
| the nodes using their static IP addresses works immediately.
|
| Is there any way to speed up neighbor discovery? I really need that as
| I plan on moving these nodes frequently.

could you give some details about your OS environment ?

all our timer infrastructure relies on montotonic results of the times()
system call. we do know that on some embedded system this
is negative for the first 4 minutes such that the system
freezes until crossing the 4 minute threshold.

not sure if this applies to you - but worth a check.

/hannes