[Olsr-users] olsrd settling time

Nikolaus Correll (spam-protected)
Fri Oct 24 22:20:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have four routers olsrd 0.56-r2 arranged in a square with a distance
of one meter. I use static IPs in the 5.x.x.x subnet. After starting
the daemon, it takes a couple of minutes until I see the first
neighbor in the routing table. It takes hours, however, until all
three neighbors show up on one node. This is strange as pinging all of
the nodes using their static IP addresses works immediately.

Is there any way to speed up neighbor discovery? I really need that as
I plan on moving these nodes frequently.

Thanks for any suggestions,

best,
Nikolaus

/etc/olsrd.conf: